“And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.”
King James Version (KJV)
Sj's comment on 2020-06-23 11:59:45:
Man is spirit, soul, and body. Earth is land and sea and everything else that makes up the earth.
Mike's comment on 2020-06-19 15:19:45:
Genesis 1:7 KJV
(7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
God divided the waters (people) which were under the firmament (the unbelievers) from the waters (people) which were above the firmament (the believers).
Jesus said He was from above while those who did not believe Him were from beneath.
John 8:23-24 KJV
(23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
(24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
As God divided the waters, we also must not be unequally yoked together (those who are above with those from under the firmament) with the unbelievers of the Word of Truth that we hear spoken from above. The firmament or expanse is the opening up of our ears to the hearing of the knowledge of God spoken from Heaven. Belief/faith comes from hearing and hearing from the Word of God.
2 Corinthians 6:14-15 KJV
(14) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
(15) And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
The waters were divided as God calls us to come out from among the unbelievers of the Word of Truth and be separate from them. What communion does light have with those of are of the darkness?
2 Corinthians 6:17-18 KJV
(17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
(18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Michelle's comment on 2015-04-16 01:25:40:
I love God Jesus and the Holy Spirit! God Is Awesome.
Benedict Holomah's comment on 2015-02-24 14:05:37:
I believe in God and His words and the words are life unto my soul,that is what is making me who I am. The word of life is what every soul needed to sustain on this earth. Please let try as much as possible to bring back the lost. God Bless You as you win today.
DavidicLineage's comment on 2014-05-22 09:25:13:
So, these unnamed waters that remain above Heaven. Anyone got a bead on their significance? Is that the battlefield this whole universe is prep for?
stacy's comment on 2013-12-31 06:30:44:
GOD IS REALLY WONDERFUL AND THE SAME POWER HE USED TO SEPERATED THE FIRMAMENTS AND THE WATERS IS THE SAME POWER THAT HE IS USING TODAY TO SEPERATE HIS PEOPLE.
Valerie's comment on 2013-04-20 21:39:45:
Hello I love this Verse its a nice info god did
Helen's comment on 2011-08-03 00:00:30:
OUR GOD IS POWERFUL AND ANYTHING HE DOES IS WISE, WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS VERY SMALL TO QUESTION. OBEY WHAT IS WRITTEN. ONE DAY YOU WILL SEE HIM IN HEAVEN THEN ASK HIM THIS FUNNY QUESTION
theo's comment on 2011-03-27 15:22:20:
This passage right futher illistrates the awsomeness of GOD. He seperated the waters fom the waters and it also further proves the canvas theory. The bible is true as it is the word of GOD